Dreams Within a Conflict
Sample Dreams for the “Dream Speaker”
- A sense of freedom
- The experience of peace
- Unity with nature
- Exploring who I am
- A spiritual journey
- Unity with my past
- Knowing my family
- Becoming all I can be
- Having a sense of power
- Dealing with my aging
- Exploring a creative side of myself
- Becoming more powerful
- Getting over past hurts
- Becoming more competent
- Asking God for forgiveness
- Exploring an old part of myself I have lost
- Getting over a personal hang up
- Having a sense of order
- Being able to be productive
- A place and a time to just “be”
- Being able to truly relax
- Reflecting on my life
- Getting my priorities in order
- Finishing something important
- Exploring the physical side of myself
- Being able to compete and win
- Building something important
- Ending a chapter of my life
- Saying goodbye to something
Sample Questions for the “Dream Catcher”
- Do you have any core beliefs, ethics or values that are part of your position on this
- Is there a story behind this for you, or does this relate to your background or
childhood history in some way?
- Tell me why this is so important to you.
- What feelings do you have about this issue?
- What would be your ideal dream here?
- Is there a deeper purpose or goal in this for you?
- What do you wish for?
- What do you need?
- Is there a fear or disaster scenario in not having this dream honored?
Copyright © 2000–2014 by Dr. John M. Gottman and Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman.
Distributed under license by The Gottman Institute, Inc.